Emergency Closings Information
Delayed Openings and Emergency Closings
In the event of bad weather or emergency conditions, it is the Board of Education's policy that the Tenafly Schools remain open unless a decision is made by the Superintendent to delay the opening of schools or to close for the day. If schools remain open, parents are to send their children to school at their discretion, depending on weather and driving conditions. All staff members are expected to report to work as usual. If there is a delayed opening or closing before the start of the school day, an announcement is sent to:
- All staff, students, and family members as defined on the Blackboard ParentLink delivery preferences tab
- Channels 2 (CBS), 4 (NBC), 5 (FOX), 7 (ABC) and News 12
- Tenafly Schools Announcement Line 201-816-4500
- Fire siren will NOT sound in the event of a school closing.
- School office telephones will NOT be staffed until the usual or delayed hour.
- If schools are closed during the day, after-school recreation programs and other building-use activities are cancelled for that night.
Per our District Emergency plan, if there is an emergency where an evacuation is necessary, please read: EVACUATION NOTIFICATION 2023-2024