Welcome to the 2021-2022 School Year
Please remember to encourage the following behaviors with your children;
- Handwashing or sanitizing upon entering school, before and after eating, after going to the bathroom, and before leaving school.
- We can reduce the transmission of the virus by consistently using these strategies.
- Our children will forever remember this time. I hope that they will be proud of how we responded.
- Wearing a mask snugly fit on their face. Encourage them not to touch their masks or their faces if possible.
- Trying to keep 6 feet away from others.
As the school nurse, I am responsible for the assessment of your child's health needs. My role includes that of student advocate, triage nurse, and health educator. I am part of an interdisciplinary team that helps to ensure that every student at Mackay is afforded a healthy, happy, school experience that provides them with wonderful learning opportunities. As part of that team, I help to organize and coordinate your child's health care to meet his or her unique health needs and support educational goals. This includes developing Individualized Health Care/Emergency Care Plans, managing medications when necessary, conducting screenings, evaluating safety issues related to school, and ensuring privacy. In addition, I teach health education classes throughout the school year. Please feel free to contact me regarding any health care related questions or concerns at the number or email below.
The Health Office phone number is 201-816-7703. The fax number is 201-568-7687. I am available between 8:30 am and 3:10 pm. A voice message may be left at any other time during the school year. I am happy to meet with you regarding any of your child's health concerns.
TO REPORT AN ABSENCE
To report an absence or tardiness, please call 201-816-7703 or leave an email message before 9:00 am on the first day of your child's absence and for each day thereafter.