2021 Violence Awareness Week Oct. 18 - 22nd
This year, the week of October 18th - 22nd is designated as "School Violence Awareness Week" in the State of New Jersey. School districts observe this week by providing age-appropriate instruction to discuss methods for keeping schools safe from violence, to consider school safety and security plans, and to learn how to recognize students in need of help.
Tenafly Middle School will feature a number of activities that promote student awareness to reduce behaviors that could lead to teasing, bullying, and school violence. Please encourage your student to participate in our School Violence Awareness Week theme days. Through participation, both students and staff alike will clearly make a visual statement that they are united in their efforts to combat violence and make good choices both in and outside of school.
- Monday 10/18 “Give School Violence the Boot ” - Wear your favorite pair of boots!
- Tuesday 10/19 “Keep the Peace Day” - Wear Tie-Dye!
- Wednesday 10/20 “Team Up Against Cyberbullying” - Wear your favorite team’s sports gear!
- Thursday 10/21 “Stand Up to School Violence” - Dress like your favorite Superhero!
- Friday, 10/22 Advisory “Orange Out” Unity Day- Wear Orange!