Welcome to the Tenafly High School English Language Learning Department
- My Child is an ELL- A family guide
- What does it mean to be an English Language Learner?
- How was my child identified as an English Language Learner?
- Will my child always be an English Language Learner?
ACCESS Score Reports
- ACCESS Sample Score Report
- ACCESS Report - Guide for Parents on reading the report
- More languages of the guide can be found here
Activites for Learning English at Home
- FluentU - Language friendly real world videos
- Supporting your child at home (mentions Spanish, but good for any language)
- Fun ESL Games to do at home
ESL Adult Programs & Family Advocacy
Elizabeth Giblin, Ed.D.
Supervisor of World Language and ELL
Students with limited proficiency in English should enroll in courses intended to establish that proficiency. In addition to courses that focus on the English language, the ELL program offers in-class-support designed to support students in acquiring content information and English mastery. The purpose of the ELL program is to prepare students to be successful in the school's mainstream curriculum. Please note that ELL courses are designated as graded courses.