Welcome to the incoming families of our Sixth Graders in the 2019-2020 school year!
Click HERE for information regarding REACH OUT!
Come back to this page for updates as we approach the coming school year!
Here are some important dates:
May 21, 2019 Cottage Party "Stepping into the Middle" 7:00pm, McCandless Room
August 27, 2019 10:00am - 12:00pm Sixth Grade Meet and Greet
- This event is for students only. The 6th grade Meet and Greet is an oppertunity for students to meet their fellow classmates. Groups will tour the building and meet some great resources at TMS. Groups will be guided by our 8th grade helpers call RAPPERS (Reaching All Peer to Peer).
- If your child is unable to attend, that won't be a problem. The Meet and Greet can be a fun event, but is by no means a necessary component for a successful transition into the Middle School. The first few weeks of school are designed to help our sixth graders adjust to their new school and settings. The first day of school (which is a half day) sixth graders have the school to themselves and are guided by the RAPPERs.
- If your child is unable to attend, please do not ask to tour the school on another day. This is not permitted.
August 27, 2019 2:00pm New to Tenafly Orientation
- If you are new to district, this orientation is for you! This orientation is for both students and parents.
September 11, 2019 TMS Back-to-School Night & Grade 6 Parent Reach-out Info and Welcome
- 6th grade parents are asked to join the Reach-Out information session at 6:00pm. Back-to-School night starts at 6:30pm
September 26-27, 2019 - Grade 6 Reach-out overnight trip. Come back to this page for more information and permission forms!
October 31, 2019 3:00 - 4:00pm Grade 6 Halloween Party - Sponsored by the H.S.A - this is a fun evening and a TMS Tradition!