Sports and Medicine

    Sports Physical and Registration Forms

    Procedure for Injured Student Athletes:
    Student-Athletes should report all injuries to Mr. Maison, the Certified Athletic Trainer before going to a doctor, so that the injury is documented and the school is aware of it.  
    Mr. Maison will provide a "TPS doctor-evaluation" form to be completed and returned to the Athletic Department, so  SEE MR MAISON FIRST.
    • A doctor's clearance note is needed for all students who are evaluated by a physician/doctor, including injuries that were not sustained during a TPS athletic event.  Notes can only be accepted from health care providers with the following credentials:
    MD: Medical Doctor
    PA: Physician Assistant
    APN: Advanced Nurse Practitioner
    • Notes from the following providers CANNOT be accepted:
    DC: Doctor of Chiropractic medicine
    DPT: Doctor of Physical Therapy
    PhD: Doctorate of Philosophy
    RN: Registered Nurse
    Personal Trainer (any organization)
    • Mr. Maison has the knowledge and means of caring for many minor sports injuries.  Some injuries can be treated in-house at the athletic training room. 
    If you have any questions, please contact me by email: jmaison@tenafly.k12.nj.us
     James R. Maison, MS, ATC