- I have taught at Tenafly Middle School since 1994. Over the course of that time, I have taught the following classes: Language Arts/Reading/Global Citizenship/Social Studies (current).
- In 2013, I received a doctorate from Montclair State University, with a focus on pedagogy and global citizenship education.
- Since 1999, I have been the advisor for a global citizenship club. The name of the club has changed several times over the years; it is currently called "Citizens of the World" club. During this timespan, the club has engaged in a number of global citizenship service-learning initiatives, including:
- sponsoring landmine removal in Bosnia'
- sponsoring landmine rehabilitation in Cambodia
- sponsoring cultural/educational programs in Cambodia
- sponsoring construction of a K-8 school in Ethiopia
- engaging in ongoing online exchanges with students and teachers from a range of countries (ongoing)
World History Class (Grade 7)
- Since 2012-13, I have taught world history. Below is some information about the content of this class and my method of teaching.
- CLICK HERE for link to class website (world history)
Units of Study
- Human Evolution/Origins
- The Hebrews (Origins of Judaism)
- The Trojan War/The Illiad
- Roman Republic
- Roman Empire
- Other (time permitting)
Teaching Methodologies Used (ongoing basis)
- Topic Discussion Forum
- Video Discussion Forum
- Discussions (Whole-Class/Socratic Conversation/Other)
- Primary Source Analysis
- Student Independent Research
- Special Activities (debates/games/etc.)
- written responses
- class participation
- student independent research