Tenafly Middle School
- 10 Sunset Lane Tenafly, NJ 07670
Attendance - to report absences and lateness: 201-816-4900 option 2
Main Office Number: 201-816-4900
- Option 1: Staff Directory
- Option 2: Attendance
- Option 3: Nurse
- Option 4: Guidance
- Option 5: Athletics
- Option 6: Special Services
- Option 7: Vice Principal
- Option 8: Principal
- Option 9: Main Office
School Fax Number: 201-569-0327
Main Office Secretarial Team
- Jackie Henry: email@example.com 201-816-4903
- Loreny Saxenian: firstname.lastname@example.org 201-816-4902
- Ellen Ziegler: email@example.com 201-816-4901
School Hours: 8:20am-2:57pm
- To be eligible for admission into the Middle School, a student must either present evidence of having completed the work of the preceding grades or a transfer from another secondary school.
- Each middle school student is assigned a counselor, who works with the student and his or her parents to plan a program of studies.
Middle School Required Courses
- Grade 6: A full year of language arts, social studies, mathematics, science, literacy in the content areas, world language, physical education and family life, and fine and practical arts
- Grades 7 & 8: A full year of language arts, social studies, mathematics, science and physical education and family life, fine and practical arts, and a World language.
Reporting Pupil Progress to Parents
- Students receive letter grades on reports issued four times a year. The reports will be posted in the Genesis Parent Portal shortly after the close of each marking period. The four marking periods end in November, January, April, and June. Parent conferences are held upon request Tuesday and Thursday mornings before school and an evening conference time is be available at the Middle and High Schools once a semester. Each school will notify parents of the times and dates.
- The Summer Enrichment Program at the Middle School offers children in grade K-8 a variety of enrichment courses; for information, call 201-816-4946.