Special Education Medicaid Initiative SEMI
Tenafly Public Schools participates in the Special Education Medicaid Initiative (SEMI). This program provides school districts with the opportunity to be reimbursed for medically-related services listed on the student’s Individualized Education Program. The services include Evaluations, Occupational Therapy, Physical Therapy, Speech/Language, Counseling, Nursing and Transportation Services.
This reimbursement for these services does not affect the student’s Medicaid benefits.
Please see the Frequently Asked Questions below for additional information. Consent forms can be found to the right of this page.
- Program History
- Do I have to pay anything?
- Will SEMI claiming impact my family’s Medicaid benefits?
- What type of services does the School-Based Services program cover?
- What type of information about my child will be shared?
- Who will see this information?
- What if I change my mind?
- Will my consent or refusal to consent affect my child’s services?
- What if I have questions?