Registration is complete when the following documents are received:
Proof of Residency
- A deed and recent property tax bill (accessible from www.tenaflynj.org) or fully executed lease agreement, dated and signed by both landlord and tenant(s), effective during the current school year
- A current utility bill or utility order confirmation (PSE&G, Veolia Water, internet/cable service), showing name and Tenafly address
- A current checking/savings account bank statement or unexpired New Jersey vehicle registration. If these documents are not available, an account verification letter from your bank on bank letterhead, or an additional utility bill/confirmation, is acceptable. The document submitted must show name and Tenafly address.
- An unexpired parent/guardian photo ID
- The completed and signed Certificate of Residency form (2 pages) from the Registration Packet, which will be notarized by a Board of Education employee at a later date
Proof of Student's Date of Birth
- Student born in USA: Birth Certificate (includes birth certificate produced by a U.S. Consulate)
- Student born outside USA: Passport and Visa (Family Census Register may also be required)
If Entering Grade 1 through 12: Student's Previous School Transcript
This is the Report Card or Progress Report from the previous school year, as received by the parent/guardian. The Tenafly school will request official academic records from the previous school after the student is registered, but it needs a copy from you first -- translated into English by a certified translator/service if originally in another language -- to begin planning the student's academic schedule.
This record must be produced by the student's physician's office, showing that the student has received all immunizations required by the New Jersey Department of Health to enter public school (immunization requirements for all ages are listed in the Registration Packet).
If the NJ Department of Health requires the administration of a Mantoux tuberculin skin test for your student, medical documentation showing the date and the result of the skin test is required prior to school entry.
Health History and Physical Exam
The Universal Child Health Record form (included in the Registration Packet) must be completed and signed by the student's physician, and is also required prior to school entry. Physical exam forms and immunization records must be less than one year old, and will be forwarded to the school nurse. Students coming from abroad have 30 days after arrival to submit a physical exam report by a U.S. physician. Parents/guardians who have questions regarding immunization requirements may call their school’s nurse directly: Mackay School, 201-816-7703; Maugham School, 201-816-7708; Smith School, 201-816-7718; Stillman School, 201-816-7713; Middle School, 201-816-4937; High School, 201-816-6670.