Welcome to Chem-is-try!
Welcome to Chem-Is-Try!
Chemistry - The scientific study of matter, its properties, and interactions with other matter and with energy.
Why study Chemistry?- Everything you hear, see, smell, taste, and touch involves chemistry and chemicals (matter). And hearing, seeing, tasting, and touching all involve intricate series of chemical reactions and interactions in you body. With such an enormous range of topics, it is essential to know about chemistry at some level in order to understand the world around us. You will learn important skills that will be valuable to you in other classes, such as critical thinking and reasoning, integration of multiple concepts and application of your math skills to solve problems.
- Materials you need:
- Binder with loose paper for notes , handouts and HW
- Google classroom
- Class Rules for Success:
- Attend every class and arrive on time.
- Bring your notes binder, and calculator to every class.
- Be an active participant in class. Take notes and take part in class discussions.
- During in class group work, collaborate with your team members to complete your task.
- The Google Classroom site is your important resource for daily HW, practice quizzes, power point presentations, and many other resources that will help you master the course materials.
You must check the site daily for postings of HW and resources.
- Tests will be given after each chapter that we study
- Short weekly Quizzes will be given to check your understanding
- Lab reports will be graded following each lab
- Homework will be graded daily
- Tests-40% Quizzes – 20% Lab – 20% HW – 20%
- Extra Help is available after school
Studying Chemistry is like Surfing- You must stay on top!