- Arrival-The school day begins at 8:30. Please have your child here when the first bell rings.
- Snack-Please remember to pack a healthy nut-free snack for your child every day.
- Notes/Mail-I will be sending home notes/mail on a daily basis. Please check your child’s homework planner and folder each night. Read the contents and take out materials that are not needed for the following day. Please sign and return all tests and quizzes.
- Question/Comments-Please contact me should you have any questions or comments. You can reach me via email at firstname.lastname@example.org or by calling the school. I will do my best to get back to you as soon as possible. Feel free to write notes in your child’s planner, as I will be checking them daily.
- Absences-If you know in advance that your child will be absent from school, please let me know, so I can send home anything they may need.
- Birthdays-I like to celebrate all the students’ birthdays throughout the school year. There will be no birthday snacks during the celebrations.
- Allergies-If your child has an allergy please let me know as soon as possible.
- Missing items-If your child forgets something, I will remind them to bring in the missing item the following day. Please do not drop off the missing item at school unless it is something that your child cannot do without (i.e lunch, winter jacket, inhaler, etc.)
- Chromebooks- Students have been assigned personal chromebooks. They know the rules associated with them. They will be using them in content areas on a daily basis.
- Dismissal-The students will be dismissed at 3:10. Remember to fill out all dismissal forms!
Other General Information:
- 3H has a positive and nurturing classroom environment that enables students to learn in a safe and respectful place. My students sit in groups of six. We utilize many cooperative groups in all content areas.
- We will have individual conferences at the end of the first marking period (December). I am looking forward to talking to you about your children. We will also have conferences again at the end of March to discuss your child's progress!
- All students in my classroom are held accountable for completing their own assignments. It is their responsibility to ensure that I receive their homework and study for tests and quizzes. I will always accept late work, make-up work, and extra credit work. Please note that report cards go home at the end of every marking period. Once again, if you have any questions, feel free to contact me at email@example.com.