Anti-Racism Support Guide
Tenafly Stigma Free - our community's task force promoting mental health awareness and support - would like to address the anti-racism current events and their impact on the emotional wellness of our community.
24/7 TEXT SUPPORT
- Text “TALK” to 741741 - Crisis Text Line
- Text “CONNECT” to 686868 - Kids Help Phone is on a mission to ensure youth are never alone.
24/7 TELEPHONE SUPPORT
- New Jersey HOPELINE - Need to TALK?? Peer Support & Suicide Prevention Hotline
- Bergen County Alternatives to Domestic Violence 24 Hour HOTLINE
TALK to your FAMILIES, including your CHILDREN / TEENS:
- Racism and Violence: How to Help Kids Handle the News Child Mind Institute
- Talking to White Kids about Race and Racism Safe Space Radio
- Radio Show: Talking to White Kids about Race and Racism Safe Space Radio
- YouTube Video: Helping Kids Process Violence, Trauma, and Race in a World of Nonstop News Conversations With Common Sense
- Anti-Racism For Kids 101: Starting To Talk About Race Books For Littles
- Standing Up for Racism - A Town Hall for Families Sesame Street and CNN
- Here's How To Raise Race-Conscious Children Parents Magazine
- Black lives matter. Black mental health matters too. TWOLHA.com
- Systemic Racism Explained ActTV via YouTube (4 min video)
TAKE CARE OF YOU:
- Be Well Tips For Black People Feeling Overwhelmed By The Media Be Well Sis, Podcast
- Radical Self-Care in the Face of Mounting Racial Stress - Radical Healing from Racial Trauma Psychology Today
- Seven Types of Self-Care Activities for Coping with Stress Psychology Today
- Meditation - Tenafly’s Sacred Space Living or email firstname.lastname@example.org
- Spiritual - Although buildings are closed, Tenafly religious communities and their leaders remain active and available to all. Contact via websites.
Tenafly STIGMA FREE Committee MIssion:
Advancing our society's perception of mental illness starts in our community.
We will educate our community about mental illness, normalize emotional challenges, and provide mental health resources for those suffering.