Student Attendance, Travel & Requests for Hybrid or Full Virtual Learning
Please review carefully the following regarding student attendance and requests for hybrid or full virtual learning:
Attendance Requirement for In-Person Learning Students:
- Students who are enrolled in hybrid learning are expected to participate in person on the days their cohort meets.
- Any student who is scheduled to be in person and stays home for any reason other than failing the daily symptom tracker or who is under authorized quarantine, will be marked absent whether they attend virtually or not. Students may participate virtually, however, they will be marked absent because they were expected to be in school that day.
- We will not grant requests to be “virtual for the day or week.” If you want your student to be virtual for any period of time, your student must be enrolled as a full virtual student and cannot return unless it is formally requested and approved.
- Students who fail the symptom tracker must stay home and must communicate with the school nurse. Nurse Russenberger’s contact information is: firstname.lastname@example.org and 201-816-4937.
- If you have any questions about quarantining, please contact the school nurse and Mrs. Saxenian email@example.com.
- Please reference this letter from Superintendent of Schools, Ms. Shauna DeMarco: CLICK HERE
Students who Travel:
- Parents must report all student travel to the school nurse. Students who travel outside of the tristate area must participate in a 14 day quarantine period before returning to in-person learning. Students will be placed into the full-virtual program during their quarantine. To switch enrollment back to in-person learning, see the form below under Switching Enrollment from Virtual to Hybrid.
- A negative Covid-19 test does not replace the required 14 day quarantine period.
- Additional details related to travel guidelines can be found on the COVID-19 Communications page of our website.Additional details related to travel guidelines can be found on the COVID-19 Communications page of our website.
Switching Enrollment from Hybrid to Full Virtual
- Parents may declare their child is going to be full-virtual at any time; however, these requests must be submitted in advance.
- Please submit these requests by email to the principal firstname.lastname@example.org AND his secretary email@example.com. Requests that are communicated to teachers or counselors only, may delay the the enrollment.
Switching Enrollment from Virtual to Hybrid
- Students who are full-virtual may return to in-person learning, however, they will be asked to wait until a return date is set for them by the principal.
- Please submit these requests by submitting THIS FORM to the principal firstname.lastname@example.org AND his secretary email@example.com. Requests that are communicated to teachers or counselors only, may delay the the enrollment.
Reminder: please report your student absent or late from school before 7:30am on either an in-person school day or a virtual school day by leaving a message on the attendance line: 201-816-4900 option 2.