The counselors in Tenafly Public Schools believe:
- All students have dignity and worth.
- All students have the right to participate in the school counseling program.
- All students’ ethic, cultural, racial, sexual differences, and special needs are considered in planning and implementing the school counseling program.
- All students K-12 shall have access to a full-time, state-certified, school counselor to deliver the counseling program.
And that the Tenafly Public Schools comprehensive school counseling program should:
- Be based on specified goals and developmental student competencies for all students K-12.
- Be planned and coordinated by school counseling teams in coordination with other school, parent or guardian and community representatives.
- Use the many combined resources of the community to deliver programs.
- Use data to drive program development and evaluation.
- Be evaluated by a counseling supervisor on specified goals and agreed-upon student competencies.
- Actively involve counseling team members to monitor students’ results.
And that all counselors in the school district:
- Abide by the professional school counseling ethics as advocated by the American School Counselor Association.
- Participate in professional development activities essential to maintain a quality school counseling program.