Reporting a Confirmed Case of COVID
To report a positive case of COVID-19 (staff or student), send an email to your building principal, copying your school nurse on the communication. This protocol should be followed at all times, most especially on evenings, weekends, and days that school is closed in order to ensure that your communication is received.
Dear Tenafly Public Schools Community,
We understand the level of concern regarding COVID-19 and continue to promote all safeguards against the transmission of this virus, particularly during off-school hours. We appreciate your support and cooperation, and your vigilance in promoting preventative practices and measures, such as:
- Staying home when you are sick;
- Washing hands often with soap for at least 20 seconds;
- Covering coughs and sneezes and properly disposing of tissues;
- Limiting close contact with people who are sick and not sharing food, drinks and utensils;
- Practicing social distancing (staying at least 6 feet apart);
- Wearing a face covering while in school; and
- Continuing to monitor your health for symptoms.
The District continues to coordinate closely with public health officials and to follow CDC, state, and local health department guidance to ensure the health and safety of our community. Thank you for respecting the privacy of our district’s students, staff and their families and for recognizing our adherence to all privacy rights of the affected individuals.
In addition to the guidelines specific to Tenafly Public Schools, we have assembled and will continue to update a variety of resources for your review and reference. Additional resources will be added as they become available and updates to school guidelines will be posted here as well as sent to you through our normal email and text communications. Thank you.