Attendance, Bell Schedule & Pick-Up/Drop Off Info.
Important information regarding dropping off and picking up your student at TMS.
Attendance Phone number: 201-816-4900 option 2
Reporting Absences/Lateness: If your child will be absent or late from school you must leave a message on the attendance line (201) 816-4900 option 2 by 8:30am. If you wish to notify the nurse or their teachers you may do so, however, you must still leave a message on that voicemail otherwise your child will be marked truant. You can also leave a message for a future absence – just be sure to specify the dates of the planned absence with the reason. Keep in mind that when school is open, we expect all students to attend
Picking-up your child early? Here are our procedures:
- Students should arrive to school with a note from the parent/guardian stating the student’s full name, date and time of dismissal and reason for early dismissal.
- Only adults who are listed as a guardian or as an emergency contact are permitted to pick-up a student. If someone other than listed will be picking up the student, the note provided by the parent/guardian must include the person’s name and relationship to student.
- Students should report to the Main Office during homeroom to hand in the note and receive an “early dismissal pass." Student should show the pass to the teacher before dismissal.
- Student must report to the Main Office at dismissal time.
- Parent/Guardian or designated adult must meet the student in the Main Office to sign them out.
- Students are not permitted to leave the building without an adult signing them out.
Every effort should be made to schedule appointments for students outside of school hours. Early dismissal should be requested only when no other reasonable alternative is available.
Return to school:
- If the student returns to school on the same day they may sign themselves back in. The student must report directly to the main office using the field entrance closest to Tenafly Road. Signing back in is imperative to student safety and will enable the student to receive the appropriate credit for the school day.